Antenatal Ireland are Cuidiú trained and registered antenatal educators who work throughout Ireland.
CORK ANTENATAL CLASSES COMING SOON.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for upcoming classes.
Antenatal Ireland Educators:
- Have completed a two-and-a-half-year Diploma in Antenatal Education.
- Are Licensed to practice by Cuidiú who are a nationwide parent-to-parent support group run by volunteer parents.
- Undergo continuous education to maintain their licenses to practice and for quality assurance.
- Are facilitators of presentations and lectures on antenatal education to health professionals and midwifery students.
There are antenatal courses and there are Antenatal Ireland Courses!
Antenatal Ireland courses follow a format that is unique in antenatal education in Ireland:
- Small groups sizes allow time for questions and to get to know others.
- Facilitated by highly educated professionals.
- Evidence-based information imparted in an empowering, interactive and practical way.
- All birth options are discussed so that you can work out how you’d like to approach labour, rather than telling you the ‘right’ way.
- At times that suit you.
- Education for informed decision making in childbirth and early parenting.
- The classes aim to provide unbiased information on all aspects of giving birth to assist you in making your own informed choices.
The classes cover:
- What to expect during the birth process and working towards your choices
- Pain relief: both hospital methods and natural comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, positions and massage.
- Common hospital procedures
- Caring for your newborn, including feeding information
- Signs of labour
- How the pelvis/uterus works to birth your baby
- Hormones at work during labour
- Informed decision making to help you communicate with medical professionals
- The role of the birth partner
- Postnatal information – delayed cord clamping, skin-to-skin, placenta, breastfeeding, settling a baby, safe sleeping
- Information tailored to individual needs – small, informal group setting with time for your questions and discussions
- 1-Year’s cuidiu membership included
The ethos of Cuidiú is that we facilitate small groups to encourage group learning, discussions and interactive activities.
Please contact email@example.com for info about upcoming classes.